We would like to think that we are a little bit different and we are proud of this! Here at Adatis, you will have the opportunity to join a dynamic Data Analytics consultancy that works with our clients to deliver information solutions and help make better informed business decisions. We've been providing Microsoft focused Data Analytics in the UK and Bulgaria for many years and are recognised as one of the leaders in our space. We value our people above all else and have a culture of knowledge sharing and development. Our career development process means opportunities are unlimited - how fast you grow will be up to you! We treat our clients' business like it is our own and in turn we don’t have utilisation targets for our consultants. If you enjoy managing your own day with support when you need it, are self-aware and self-motivated, then we’re for you!
Our Team is growing and we have the unique opportunity to look for people with Power BI passion and knowledge, who will lead us in our growth, innovate and mentor. We need you to help us break and create the rules to continue to be a place admired for our people, culture and innovation - to help us in being a place that everyone wants to work, advance and no one wants to leave!
About your role…
Picture the scene - you've spent months crafting the finest analytics system known to man, then the user pops a couple of badly crafted Excel reports on top and everyone judges your solution as a product of the 90's. It happens.
If you know your cartograms from your cartographs, your Fews from your McCandless and can explain the limited scenarios where a pie chart is acceptable - you should be talking to us. You will join cross-functional sprint teams as a data viz expert - helping design data models, build semantic layers and crafting interactive dashboards so shiny they bring a tear to the eye!
You have a deep and up-to-date knowledge of Microsoft Power BI and Analysis Services, as well as best practices around the governance and management of these systems as well as a broader passion for implementing actionable analytics solutions. You have experience in managing large-scale Power BI deployments and migrations and are comfortable guiding clients on how to embed actionable BI into their overall data strategies. You have keen business and requirements analysis skills, able to translate business needs into reports and data stories that deliver value.
The rate of change in these tools is phenomenal and so you will have a history of quickly adapting to new technologies, a passion and desire to challenge tradition and a drive to help us define the future of data analytics.
You will be working remotely from Bulgaria, collaborating and socialising with your colleagues across our two UK offices. Occasionally, we would need your help outside of the normal office hours which of course, will be highly recognised and rewarded. There will be some occasional travel, for example, you may spend a week getting trained in our UK offices or requirements gathering with clients, although not during the current pandemic.
As a Senior Power BI Developer expect to be:
• Planning and delivering Enterprise rollout and migration to Power BI including Power BI architecture design, governance and driving adoption
• Gathering, clarifying and developing requirements with stakeholders of all seniority levels
• Contributing to the Adatis internal and external community by establishing a presence as a Power BI Analytics thought leader and influencer and contributing to the growth and development of Adatis Power BI service offerings
• Maintaining a working knowledge of Modern Data Warehouse frameworks to be able to offer advice to clients on how and when to consider these technologies in support of their overall data strategies
• Supporting the Sales team to shape and sell Power BI Analytics opportunities to new and existing customers
• Delivering Power BI Training
• Satisfying the expectations and requirements of customers, both internal and external
• Supporting others in their development
What experience/skills do you need?
• Business and Requirements analysis
• Project planning, management and leadership skills
• Stakeholder relationship management
• Experience in Power BI design and development for creating insightful, interactive, and aesthetically pleasing reporting solutions
• Experience in Data Gateways and Administering a Power BI Tenancy
• Experience in rolling out Power BI across an organisation and assisting in the adoption process.This includes advising clients on the topics:
• Enterprise Architecture Design
• Participating in delivering Power BI content for internal/external community
• Strong communication skills
• Ability and attitude towards investigating and sharing new technologies
• Ideally, degree educated - computer science, data analysis etc.
• Microsoft certified (not mandatory – we’ll help you get those certificates!)
What about technical skills?
We have various levels of the role and you should be comfortable with most of the Core technologies below and have an interest in at least a few of the others too:
Power BI Governance & Rollout
Data Warehouse Design Principles
Nice to Have:
Other BI / Data Visualisation Tools
Data Engineering on Modern Azure DWH
In return expect…
• Attractive salary and Profit share bonus
• An equal opportunity employer, valuing diversity and inclusion
• A company that values its' team above all else
• A flat hierarchy and no-door policy
• Freedom to grow and a clearly defined individual career path
• Mentoring programme
• Books allowance and budget for external training
• Work colleagues who’ll soon be friends too
• Flexible working hours and working from home
• 25 days holiday plus public holidays
• Trips to technical conferences (e.g. SQLBits)
• All the usual perks (Private Healthcare, MultiSport card, Social events and 3 Team Building days)
Things you won’t get…
• Someone telling you how to do it
• Somewhere to hide
What happens next?
If your experience matches our requirements, you will be invited for a call with our People team. If everything goes well, we will meet for a technical interview! :)
*Please note, only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
Your application was submitted successfully.