We're a Data Analytics Consultancy that works with our clients to deliver information solutions, to help them make better-informed business decisions. Our integral approach within our team and our clients has led us to be most admired for our people, culture and innovation. We're busier than ever and are growing - it's an exciting time to join us.
Deeply intentional about how we roll and whom we roll with - we live with no Sunday blues and deliver some serious kick-ass work for our clients. If you're thinking there has got to be a better place to work and a better way to work with clients, then get in touch!
We value our people above all else and have a culture of knowledge sharing and development. Our career development process means opportunities are unlimited; how fast you grow will be up to you. You will get time to spend on R&D, the latest technologies and training from some of the best in the industry. We treat our clients business like it were our own and in turn, we don't have utilisation targets for our consultants. We're not big on hierarchy or layers of managers – our internal relationships are based on trust. If you enjoy managing your own day with support when you need it, are self-aware and self-motivated, then we could be for you!
We are looking for people that will lead us in our growth, innovate and mentor. We need you to help us break and create the rules to continue to be a place admired for our people, culture and innovation - and to help us in being a place that everyone wants to work and no one wants to leave!
The primary aim of this role is to be the key, client-facing member of a project delivery team who ensures that projects are delivered successfully using Scrum. As the Project Scrum Master, you will be responsible for all Scrum related meetings, such as Sprint Planning, Backlog Refinement, and for more traditional Project Management activities, such as budget management.
This is a role that requires someone with excellent client-facing skills, commercial acumen, as well as the ability to manage others. The ideal candidate must be willing to travel.
Our UK offices are in Farnham and London, and the Bulgaria office is in Sofia. The role can be based at either UK location. You'll be working, collaborating and socialising with your colleagues across all three offices.
What you'll be responsible for
- Working with the delivery team to develop the project scope, objectives, and sign-off/acceptance criteria
- Ensuring overall project governance and best-practice project delivery
- Coordination of project delivery team resources
- Running Sprint Planning, Backlog Refinement and other project-related meetings
- Educating the client on how Scrum is run
- Ensuring that both Adatis and the client follow the Scrum process
- Helping the product owner manage the product backlog
- Controlling the project release cycles
- Managing the project budget and forecasts
- Managing other project commercials such as change requests
- Managing project risk plans, i.e. issues, risks, mitigation actions
- Facilitation of project status reporting (with the Adatis PMO)
- Managing relationships with the client, the Adatis delivery team, and third-parties
- Interfacing between the consultant development teams and the client
- Adopting a proactive approach to prevent problems from arising
- Report and escalate to management as needed
- Ensuring a smooth transition of delivered projects into BAU support
How you'll know you're doing well
- Projects are delivered on time and on budget
- The product backlog is correctly utilised and managed
- Sprint burndown chart and other project reporting tracks correctly on each sprint
- Regular reviews and check-ins with your mentor
- You'll get feedback and receive recognition from everyone here
What we're looking for
- A Certified Scrum Master
- 3+ 'years' experience as a Scrum Master
- The ability to communicate (written and spoken) with a wide range of stakeholders, up to and including board level
- Experience of managing a project budget and overall project commercials
- Experience of working on Data Analytics / Data Warehousing projects
What will I get in return?
The chance to work alongside a team of hard-working, passionate people in a role where you'll see the impact of your work every day. We also offer:
- A company that values its team above all else
- A workplace you'll love coming to every day
- A flat hierarchy and no-door policy
- Scope for career progression – we will encourage and support your personal and professional development. We want to ensure that you feel a sense of achievement and progression
- We support autonomy and flexibility and depending on your role, we can offer flexible working
- Work colleagues who'll soon be friends
- We believe in spending quality time together, so to encourage this, our social committees organise regular team nights out (we've had escape rooms, skating, ping pong, pool nights and more!)
- Attractive salary and Profit Share Bonus (discretionary)
- Fruits are available to everyone along with various snacks – something for everybody!
- Great holiday allowance plus your birthday off
- One of our core values is to "Give Something Back", so we give everyone one day off each year to volunteer at a charity of your choice
- Company Team Days (3 times a year!!)
- Trips to technical conferences (e.g. SQLBits, PASS Summit)
- All the usual perks (pension, healthcare blah blah) plus a few other cool ones
Things you won't get
- A**e-kissing culture
- Someone telling you how to do it
- Somewhere to hide
What will happen next?
- You will receive an email from our recruitment team
- If yes, we will invite you for a telephone interview; otherwise, we will wish you the best
- If the call goes well, we will meet at the F2F interview!
In case of any questions - drop us an email at firstname.lastname@example.org!